November 2, 2015

Do what you love and love what you do

With the closure of the 2015 show season upon us, I thought now would be a good time to check in and clear away the cobwebs on the old blog which has fallen silent this summer. This year was by far the absolute best I've had as a rider and trainer. I am feeling especially fortunate these days to be surrounded by so many wonderful horses, clients, coaches, family and friends. I know that it's trite to say it takes a village, but it really does. I came into this area a year and a half ago, with more expenses than I had income. I was scared about my future as a professional and carried a lot of self-doubt about my ability to establish myself as a trainer among so many top professionals. Fast forward to today and I'm a little amazed that things are going as well as they are. That's not because I doubt my ability as a rider and trainer, I don't, but I didn't think I would be able to find a niche that's as comfortable as the one I have found.

I am appreciative to every single person out there who has played a role in helping me to get my feet on the ground. I believe that success is driven by passion and hard work, but it must be complimented by good people who will stand alongside you, believing in you every step of the way. So to all of you I say, thank you!

Here are some highlights from the 2015 competition season. I'm already chomping on the bit for 2016 to get here!

USDF Horse of the Year, 13th place at Third Level with a median score of 70.5% (Audi)
USDF Horse of the Year, 39th place at Training Level with a media score of 72.7% (Beaujolais 75)
USDF All Breeds Award, KWPN-NA Reserve Champion at Third Level (Audi)
CBLM Championship, 1st place at Training Level (Beaujolais 75)
CBLM Championship, 3rd place at First Level (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage coach for Eva Crossman and Winter Tanz, 8th at CBLM Championship Jr/Yg First Level
GAIG/USDF Regional Championship, 4h place at Training Level (Beaujolais 75)
GAIG/USDF Regional Championship, 8th place at Third Level (Audi)
Wildcard recipient for the USDF Dressage Finals at Third Level (Audi)
Dressage at Devon, 2nd place Fourth Level Test 1 (Audi)
Dressage at Devon, 5th place Fourth Level Test of Choice (Audi)
Dressage at Devon, 1st place Suitable to Become a Dressage Horse 6yo (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Devon, 4th place 4yo & Older Stallions and Geldings Under Saddle (Beaujolais 75)
Qualified for CBLM Championship at Third Level (Audi)
Qualified for the USEA American Eventing Championships at Novice (Beaujolais 75)
Bucks County Horse Park Fall Horse Trials, 3rd place Open Novice (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Stone Tavern I (Friday), Fourth Level Champion (Audi)
Dressage at Stone Tavern I (Friday), Training Level Champion (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Stone Tavern I (Saturday), Fourth Level Reserve Champion (Audi)
Dressage at Stone Tavern I (Saturday), Training Level Reserve Champion (Beaujolais 75)
Fair Hill August Horse Trials, 7th place Open Novice (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage coach for Camryn White and Devil I Do at their Training Level debut at Fair Hill HT
Dressage at Blue Goose III, High Point First Level (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Blue Goose III, High Point Training Level (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Blue Goose III, High Point Fourth Level (Audi)
Region 1 Youth Championship, High Score Alumni Division (Audi)
Dressage at Blue Goose II, High Point Third Level (Audi)
Plantation Field June Horse Trials, 1st place Open Novice (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Heavenly Waters, Training Level High Point Reserve Champion (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage at Blue Goose I, High Point Third Level (Audi)
Plantation Field May Horse Trials, 1st Place Beginner Novice Horse (Beaujolais 75)
Demo Rider Hassler Dressage Charles DeKunffy Clinic
Fair Hill International May Starter Trials, 1st Place Open Beginner Novice (Beaujolais 75)
Dressage coach for Allie Blyskal Sacksen and Sparrow's Nio at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event

No comments:

Post a Comment