July 13, 2011

Visit to Riveredge

Last week I took Audi to Chesapeake City, Maryland for two lessons with Scott Hassler. This was my first trip to the new facility at Riveredge with a horse. It's hard to describe just how incredible this facility is- it's breathtaking. I had goosebumps just coming down the driveway! I felt so honored and lucky to be there. I was also really excited to work with Scott again. It had been almost 2 years since he saw Audi last. My lessons were amazing. Scott teaches with so much emotion and always great respect for the horse and rider. He inspires me to be the best trainer I can possibly be. Throughout both lessons, Scott gave me great guidance as I worked through some right side issues and he also showed me how to tactfully pursue a more collected canter on Audi. We also dabbled with half pass which was fun. I was fortunate to have some nice guests of Riveredge video my rides. It's amazing how I pick up something new each time I watch my videos- it was a really constructive two days! Also, I had great fun in between my lessons watching Scott teach and Susanne ride. The Hassler's are horsemen in every sense of the word and two people I have great admiration and respect for. Every time I leave their place I have a renewed energy for the sport of Dressage and feel empowered to push myself for more. I'm excited to get cracking on my homework and can't wait to return to Riveredge for more training in September.

Here are some videos from my lessons:

First lesson on July 8 (in two parts)


Second lesson on July 9

No comments:

Post a Comment